This is an exciting opportunity to share your knowledge and enthusiasm and help develop Cub Scouting in Berkshire.
The Assistant County Commissioner (Cub Scouts) will work with the County Commissioner and Deputy County Commissioner (Programme and Section Support) to ensure the effective operation of the Cub Scout section in Berkshire. The role holder will liaise with the County Commissioner, Deputy County Commissioners, Youth Commissioners and deputies, DCs, ADC (Cub Scouts) and district leaders to facilitate support for County Cub Leaders.
- Hold 3 meetings per year for ADCs and District Leaders to focus on the adult support needed for great programmes in the Cub Scout section; to help the section to become more youth shaped
; andto make sure everyone is up to date with relevant information for the section.
- Encourage and share ways of recruiting new adults for the section.
- Work with the ACC Young leaders to support adults in making
bestuse of Young Leaders in their Packs.
- Work with ACC Beavers and ACC Scouts to improve linking between the Beaver, Cub and Scout sections.
- Work with ACC International and ACC Activities to ensure that International/activity themes are included within the section.
- Support and mentor any new ADCs appointed by DCs (working alongside the DC).
- Be a point of information, advice and guidance for the section.
- Be an active member of the County Programme and section support team (2 meetings per year).
- Be an active member of the wider County team (5 meetings per year).
To understand and accept the Scout Association’s policies, have a satisfactory DBS clearance, and completion of relevant Wood Badge training.
Programme teams within the County exist to help leaders provide great programmes. Their focus is to work with adults so that weekly programmes retain young people, provide them with varied experiences and help them to achieve awards.
Programme teams do not exist to organise events or competitions. It could be that from time to time events are needed to support great programmes. In these
How to apply
To apply for the role, simply email Simon Pickett, (Deputy County Commissioner) at email@example.com or call for an informal chat 07772 306 394.